Outbrain can be used to distribute your own content as well as earned media. All campaigns must click through to a dedicated URL, and we accept the following landing page types:
- Article pages & blog posts
- Earned media
- Videos (must contain some descriptive text on the page)
- Search engine results page
- Home pages
- Product/landing pages
- App download pages
- Advertorials (with proper disclosure that follow Outbrain’s Advertorial Policies)
Please note, PDFs are not an accepted landing page format.
If you choose to promote video content, simply add the video link to a campaign in the same fashion you would any other content. Keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Promote video content in its own campaign. This will allow our system to drive the content to widgets specifically geared for this type of media.
- Include “[ video ]” in your title. This will let our readers know that they are clicking video content. Transparency is key to ensure better engagement.
- Include text on your video page. Our system will be able to use this data to better recommend your content and reach the most relevant audiences.
Want to see a few examples in the wild? This will give you a good sense of the variety of content that performs well on Outbrain.
The Washington Post
The Wall Street Journal
Once you’ve submitted your campaign, please allow 3-5 business days for your campaigns and content to be reviewed (not including weekends or holidays).
You can learn more about accepted and prohibited images, headlines, and landing pages in Advertising Guidelines.
For any questions on what Outbrain can and cannot accept, feel free to reach out to our DIY Customer Success team for more details.